Rock ready for Toney

hasim rahman
Rahman and Toney both ready for Last Chance rematch
Hasim Rahman says he is ready to go the distance when he takes on James Toney for a second time.
The veteran pair go head-to-head in Temecula, California, on Wednesday night, more than two years since their WBC world title fight ended in a draw.
At 35 Rahman is four years Toney's junior but sees this as his final chance to stay in contention for another world title tilt and has been working out in the Arizona heat.
And that, he says, will stand him in good stead should their rematch, suitably dubbed Last Chance, also go the full 12 rounds.
"I've been running early in the morning and late at night," he said.
"Temperatures have been getting up to 113-115 every day. If I ran when the sun was up I'd wind up a light heavyweight.
"I know this is my last chance to remain in title contention. I just don't want a 'W'; I'd like it to be spectacular. James Toney is a throwback fighter. He fights like the heavyweights of the 40's, 50's and 60's.
Experience:
"Like Jersey Joe Walcott, Ezzard Charles, Eddie Machen and those guys. Good defense. Knows how to fight. I'll be ready for him. We had that 12-round experience together."
Rahman lost his WBC belt to Oleg Maskaev in his first defence after the Toney draw but has since won four on the bounce.
Toney meanwhile has been in the ring just three times since their first meeting in March 2006, losing two decisions to Samuel Peter and out-pointing Danny Batchelor over 10 rounds in May.
He has been sparring with former world titlists Lamon Brewster and Malik Scott and reports from his California training camp suggest he is in great shape this time round.
And although 'Lights Out' is usually one of boxing's biggest trash-talkers, the 39-year-old is ready to let his boxing speak for itself in what will be his 81st pro contest.
"I'm not going to run my mouth," he said. "Just watch me in the ring. That is the only thing I will say to you."
Source: 'Sky Sports'

No comments:

Latest Post